Complying with complex requirements and assuring investors you are legitimate
As an entrepreneur seeking funding online, you have to prove to potential investors that you are trustworthy and doing what you say you are doing. You also need to be sure to follow the law. You don't want the process of complying with regulatory obligations to drain you financially or distract you from the everyday task of running a business.
We can help, and help you avoid high legal costs at the same time.
- Regulation A offerings: If you are making an offering under the SEC's new Regulation A (often referred to as Regulation A+) we can help you a number of different ways. Together with our related law firm, CrowdCheck Law LLP, we have the leading Regulation A legal and compliance practice. We offer a complete "soup-to-nuts" legal and compliance service. We help you draft the Regulation A filing, we arrange filing with the SEC, we take care of all the complex SEC review process, we arrange for the necessary opinions, and we help you make the necessary state "notice" filings. All for a fixed fee. We've done more Regulation A filings than anyone. Our complete service includes our Verified Check for Regulation A filings to help you show investors and intermediaries that you are legitimate and have complied with the conditions of Regulation A. You can also request the Verified Check or our disclosure drafting services on a stand-alone basis.
- "TTW review": If you are thinking about making a Regulation A offering, but want to know whether there is any interest before spending the money to engage lawyers and accountants ("testing the waters"), we can help you with that. For one low price we work with CrowdCheck Law to make sure you don't say anything you shouldn't, or that might get you into trouble if you do make an offering, and that you do say the things the SEC requires you to say.
- Crowdfunding: If you are making a crowdfunding offering under the SEC's "Regulation Crowdfunding," which goes live on May 16, we give you complete assurance that all the SEC's rules that apply to you are complied with, from drafting disclosure to filing with the SEC. Soup to nuts, including all the required background and regulatory checks, completing the Form C and filing it with the SEC. And no law firms or software subscriptions required! CrowdCheck provides you with "law firm process" without the law firm price, giving you an affordable way to meet your regulatory obligations and protect you from liability. We can also assist you with just the completion of the Form C and filing with the SEC, if that's all you need.
- Offerings to accredited investors: Whether you are just "posting" your offering on an online bulletin board or using an online broker-dealer to find investors for your deal, you want to make sure that you meet the requirements of the law, including ensuring that no "bad actors" are involved and that you are legally able to make the kind of offering you are making. We can help with all that. We can also help you avoid making "misleading statements" that can get you into legal trouble. And when broker-dealers are involved, they are required to make a due diligence investigation. Our process helps brokers meet their obligation.
With CrowdCheck you get:
- One on one assistance from our trained researchers
- Help in describing the terms of the securities offered, and describing your business and your plans
- Assurance that your financial statements meet the statutory and regulatory requirements
- An accessible and comprehensive due diligence and disclosure Report that will help present your business to investors in the most accurate and easy to understand light and make them feel more confident in their investment
- Protection against potential liability
- CrowdCheck's expertise, developed over years of providing due diligence for billion dollar deals and working at—and with—small businesses
We have several levels of Check for operating companies:
We also provide Checks for pooled investment vehicles (such as private funds) and real estate opportunities. For more in-depth evaluation of real estate opportunities, we work alongside PropertyCommons, which provides real estate compliance, due diligence and advisory services.