CrowdCheck helps investment platforms meet their disclosure and due diligence obligations
As a broker-dealer or a crowdfunding portal registered with the SEC, you have a difficult job. You have three different constituencies you need to keep happy:
- Potential investors who come to your platform looking for good investments want due diligence and disclosure that is easily understandable and helps them avoid fraud
- Entrepreneurs considering listing on your site don’t want the process of producing disclosure and compliance with due diligence obligations to be expensive, onerous or distracting
- Regulators impose substantive requirements on you and demand that your due diligence and fraud prevention be thorough and robust
Get it wrong and your platform could be in serious trouble.
With CrowdCheck you get:
- Help satisfying your regulatory obligations to make a reasonable investigation of investment opportunities
- Protection against potential liability for misleading disclosure
- A “human touch”: CrowdCheck’s trained researchers will work one-on-one with the entrepreneur to produce compliant and useful disclosure
- The convenience of an accessible and attractive due diligence and disclosure Report that is integrated into your site and process
Our due diligence, disclosure and compliance services can assist with:
- Regulation D (Rule 506) offerings made to accredited investors
- Regulation A offerings reviewed by the SEC
- Offerings under "Regulation Crowdfunding" (Regulation CF), which goes live in May 2016
- Intrastate or multi-state crowdfunding offerings under the SEC's Rules 147 and 504
CrowdCheck provides you with “law firm process” without the law firm price. With various levels of review and the ability to craft due diligence products to your unique needs, CrowdCheck provides you with an affordable way to help protect your investors from fraud and your platform from liability.
Learn more about our three standard levels of Checks for operating companies:
We also offer Checks for pooled investment vehicles (such as private funds) and for real estate invesment opportunities. For more in-depth evaluation of real estate opportunities, we work alongside PropertyCommons, which provides real estate compliance, due diligence and advisory services.